Casale SA, leader in chemical plant design (ammonia, urea, methanol, melamine, nitrates and phosphates), and operating on a worldwide basis is increasing its staff and is seeking a Technology Engineer with research experience, who will work in the Gas Technologies department of R&D Division.
The Technology Engineer will set-up, lead and execute research projects for the development of market driven innovative process technologies for Casale ammonia, methanol and nitrates business areas.
The successful candidate:
- Has a M.SC. or a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with strong skills in chemical and process engineering.
- Is a self-driven dynamic person open to research challenges with a result-oriented mindset.
- Has a strong motivation to solve business and environmental issues.
- Actively seeks to strengthen her/his own knowledge related to the business.
- Has agile project management skills, demonstrated in research projects which were delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Has process modeling skills using process simulation software, e.g. using Honeywell's UniSim®, AspenTech's Aspen Plus®, STEAG EBSILON® or similar.
- Has experience with setting up and executing experimental chemical and/or mechanical tests.
- Has experience in technology development.
- Strongly collaborates in heterogeneous multicultural teams.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Has good command of English, both oral and written.
- Has minimum 3 years research experience in industry or University.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following is an advantage:
- Advanced and multifunctional chemical catalytic reactor system design
- Smart optimal design, operation and control, e.g. using Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Dynamic process modelling and process control
- Green chemistry and sustainability engineering
- Innovative modelling approaches, e.g. integrating first principles and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Scaling up of new technologies
- Non-conventional separation systems
- Intensification of chemical processes
- Electrochemical processes, electrification of chemical processes
- Syngas generation and syngas conversion processes and process technologies
- Energy management and optimization of industrial chemical processes
- Generation, storage and utilization of renewable electric power
- Modeling of electric power grids