SENIOR PIPING STRESS ENGINEER
Casale SA, leader in chemical plant design (Ammonia, Urea, Melamine, Methanol, Syngas, Nitrates and Phosphates), and operating on a worldwide basis is increasing its staff and is seeking specialists to fill a Senior Piping Stress Engineer position.
The offered position is within the Piping & Layout Section, Plant Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be part of an existing group of experienced persons and will be responsible of piping stress analysis, piping supports design and other related piping engineering activities to be developed for specific projects.
- to select applicable standards, codes to be incorporated in the project specifications.
- to prepare documents and drawings for both basic and detail engineering.
- to prepare critical line lists.
- to perform stress analysis calculations, review of results and assistance to define pipe routing.
- to prepare Material Requisitions and Technical Bid Evaluations.
- coordination with other disciplines, suppliers and external resources.
- to attend to site surveys, kick-off meetings, 3D model reviews, project reviews.
- to assist and coordinate the construction company during erection.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience as piping stress engineer in an engineering company operating on chemical or petrochemical plants.
- Experience in construction supervision at site.
- Experience in troubleshooting to solve problems of piping vibrations.
- Availability for short-term trips and long-term assignment in foreign countries.
- Good knowledge of international codes and standards.
- Good knowledge of piping and supports design practices.
- Knowledge of issues caused by pulsations, vibrations, two-phase flow.
- Knowledge of quality procedures and document management.
- Knowledge of the stress analysis software, mainly CAESAR II.
- Knowledge in PC applications (MS-Office suite programs, AutoCAD, Navisworks).
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Good team-player, ability to build relationships inside and outside the company, self-motivated with strong organizing skills.
- Fluency in English language.