Senior Mechanical Engineer
Casale SA, leader in chemical plant design (ammonia, nitrates and phosphates, urea, methanol, melamine, syngas) and operating on a worldwide basis is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a growing company, working in a challenging and multicultural environment.
The offered position is within the Equipment Design Section.
The candidate will be part of an existing group of experienced people.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic and detailed engineering relevant to pressure vessel, heat exchangers and related equipment to be installed in new and revamped petrochemical plants
- Management of pressure vessel, heat exchangers and related equipment supply, from technical documentation to manufacturers follow-up
- Preliminary mechanical sizing of pressure vessel, heat exchangers and related equipment
- Mechanical Design of proprietary equipment based on internal developed methods and finite element analysis
- Preparation of Technical specifications and data sheets for pressure equipment
- Selection and technical evaluation of pressure equipment
- Preliminary sizing of pressure equipment
- Technical follow-up of Clients and suppliers
- Mechanical Design of proprietary equipment
Education: Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: at least 5 years in a similar position in the chemical industry or qualified suppliers of static equipment for the chemical industry.
Languages: Fluent written and spoken English (Italian as a plus)
- efficient communication; ability to work with interdisciplinary and international partners; project management; equipment design; problem solving and troubleshooting; risk management; good team player
- Familiarity and previous professional experience with Pressurized Equipment Design Codes (ASME, EN, AD-2000) and in general with mechanical integrity analysis