Senior Mechanical Engineer
Casale SA, leader in chemical plant design (ammonia, nitrates and phosphates, urea, methanol, melamine, syngas) and operating on a worldwide basis is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a growing company, working in a challenging and multicultural environment.
The offered position is within the R&D Equipment & Materials Department and the candidate will be part of an existing group of experienced person.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of equipment design and selection of suitable material with the aim of improving existing Casale’s products and developing new solutions for various process requirements.
- Setting up and execution of R&D projects on time and budget; managing project stakeholders
- Screening and down selection of new concepts for various applications inside Casale portfolio of equipment.
- Develop new / improved mechanical design for proprietary and nonproprietary static pieces of equipment considering the multidisciplinary requirements (mechanical integrity, heat transfer, process, fluid dynamics, maintainability, installation / repair, etc.)
- Develop design of pilot reactors / test rigs for specific applications (such as pilot plans) to the required degree of details, including detailed drawings where required.
- Perform preliminary sizing of pressurized equipment as per relevant code and material selection for the specific service.
- Perform other mechanical integrity checks such as creep analysis, buckling or material suitability for specific corrosive environment using the appropriate tools, including FEM analysis where required.
- Prepare Request for Quotation for Mechanical components developed within new projects, interact with Suppliers to define the offer, and perform technical alignment of multiple offers.
- Perform heat transfer calculations and analysis of heat exchangers
- Perform equipment cost analysis and preliminary value proposition analysis including selection and interaction with possible Suppliers to collect budget prices for the proposed design.
Education: at least Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: at least 5 years in a similar position in the chemical industry or qualified suppliers of static equipment for the chemical industry, especially in the oil and gas sector or fertilizer business.
Languages: English (fluent), german as a plus
- efficient communication; ability to work with interdisciplinary and international partners; project management; product design; problem solving and troubleshooting; risk management
- Experience in collecting various functional requirements and translating them into an effective equipment design.
- Solid capability to read and use CAD drawings and files – skills of using drawings software is essential, preferably AutoCAD.
- Good know-how and practical use of FEM analysis software, preferably Ansys
Familiarity and previous professional experience with Pressurized Equipment Design Codes (AD2000, ASME VIII) and in general with mechanical integrity analysis.