Casale SA, leader in chemical plant design (ammonia, nitrates and phosphates, urea, methanol, melamine, syngas) and operating on a worldwide basis is seeking an HSE Specialist. The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a growing company, working in a challenging and multicultural environment.
The offered position is within the QA/HSE Department.
The candidate will be part of an existing group of experienced people.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental activities are managed according to applicable laws and Company HSE Management System requirements
- Guarantee the continuous improvement of the Company HSE Management System
- Spread safety and environmental culture to engage proactively Company employees and enhance awareness
- Develop HSE Policy, Procedures and Objectives in line with applicable laws and Company requirements and cascade them within the Company
- Monitor the effective implementation of HSE requirements
- Ensure that all Company activities are subject to proper Risk Assessment
- Identify HSE training needs, develop HSE training programs and carry out HSE trainings
- Ensure that Project HSE Plans and Procedures are developed and implemented throughout the entire project life
- Verify that HSE personnel assigned to projects are suitably qualified by education, training and experience
- Provide technical support to Project and Site HSE teams
- Plan and perform HSE audits and inspections, both internal and toward subcontractors
- Coordinate accident / incident investigation process
- Manage safety and environmental statistics and perform performances analysis, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
- Prepare and perform internal / external presentations on HSE topics
- Develop and promote safety and environmental campaigns to enhance Company culture and awareness
Education: Master Degree in Engineering (Environmental, Energy, Civil,…)
Experience: at least 8 years in a similar position in construction industry
Languages: Fluent written and spoken English / Italian (Level C1)
Qualification: Lead Auditor ISO 14001 / 45001 – NEBOSH (preferred)
Skills: Flexibility, empathy, efficient communication, ability to work with interdisciplinary and international partners, problem solving and troubleshooting, risk management, good team player